Regional Leadership positions available in SAMRC Regions
The Southern Australia Meat Research Council (SAMRC) is an independent, Incorporated Association that was re-established in 2015 as one of three national research councils setup to provide recommendations on Research, Development & Extension (RD&E) priorities and planning for grass-fed beef and sheepmeat producers throughout Australia.
As part of SAMRC’s commitment to building industry and organisational capability, recruitment is now underway for key leadership and support positions across SAMRC regions. The tenure of all positions will commence in August 2018.
- SAMRC Regional Committee (Producer) Members – Southern NSW, Central Vic, South Australia and Central West NSW (and QLD Sheep)
Working closely with their respective Regional Chair, SAMRC’s Regional Committee members provide the critical interface between RD&E providers and the needs of red meat and livestock producers.
All positions (Chairs and Members) are open to any grass-fed beef and/or sheepmeat producer who reside in the region. The successful candidates will have:
- Established commercial beef and/or sheepmeat production (+/- mixed farming) experience;
- A strong interest in RD&E within the context of red meat and livestock production;
- A detailed knowledge of red meat and livestock production in their region;
- A willingness and capability to take a leadership role to collate RD&E priorities on behalf of their region;
- A preparedness to act as industry and community advocates on livestock RD&E issues.
The selection committee will consider expressions of interest for Regional Committee Member positions on application.
For more information, including selection criteria and roles and responsibilities, please visit www.samrc.com.au or call SAMRC Secretariat on 03 5341 6100.
Expressions of interest should be emailed to email@example.com