- Large scale Wool, Prime Lamb and Cattle focus
- Progressive team environment
- Casterton Region
We invite applications from experienced persons for the role of Station Hand on our client’s 8000 acre property in the Casterton region. This new role will be vital in utilising progressive livestock management systems for wool, prime lamb and beef production.
Reporting to the Overseer or Manager, you will assist in all day to day operations, ensuring the production system is as efficient as possible. Working as part of an established team that will encouraged you to contribute your ideas. Together, you will enjoy making sure that all stock are performing per targets set and all husbandry is carried out to high standards.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Experience working with both Sheep and Cattle production
- Experience working in a similar role with a good all round farm skills
- The ability to take note of irregularities, observe and communicate to appropriate stakeholders
- An attitude and motivation to think in the best interest for the business
- A solid employment history
- A current Drivers Licence is essential
- Well trained working dogs suitable for stock work
A two bedroom cottage on farm will be offered to the right person, alongside a salary package to commensurate for the experience you bring to the business, and professional development opportunities for future growth.
Please click apply to with reference to position number 1661. For further information or for a confidential conversation call Gilles Clarisse at Meridian Agriculture on 03 5341 6100.