- An opportunity to develop a long term career in agricultural consulting
- Research trial project focus as well as one to one client interaction
- Casterton Region
Meridian Agriculture is one of Australia’s largest agricultural consulting companies, with a team of consultants operating across southern Australia providing on farm advice and services to producers; as well as project management to industry and government. Due to company growth and demand, invitations are open for a new position based at our Casterton office.
Working closely with a team of consultants, you will be involved with a variety of projects relating to both pastures and livestock production. Initially, you will enjoy being hands on, developing an understanding and delivering pasture trials, soil testing services and providing support and advice to consultants and producers. Our aim is that you advance to providing advice direct to producers and further develop a client base in your own right.
To be considered, you will demonstrate the following:
- Formal qualifications in Ag Science or similar
- A solid knowledge of grazing farm systems (soils, pastures, chemicals, weeds, animals, etc)
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a role demonstrating that you’re heading towards a livestock/pastures consulting career. This may include history in an ag service or on farm role
- The experience and ability to work within a team environment as well as independently
- Machinery experience and full car licence.
This role is based at our Casterton office and generally works within a 200km radius of town. You will receive plenty of support and mentoring while also given some flexibly in order to develop expertise around keys areas of interest that support our strong client base. You will be provided access to industry training and networks as well as the Meridian Ag consulting team’s knowledge base.
To obtain a position description, call Meridian Agriculture on 03 5341 6100 or email email@example.com
Please send your application including detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered for interview from 29 July 2019.