- Feedlot Operations Role
- Prime Lamb
- Skipton, VIC region
Our client runs a large prime lamb, pasture and cropping enterprise based near Skipton. Due to the addition of a 10,000 head Feedlot program within the business, our client invites applications for a Livestock Overseer to join their dynamic team.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, you will be responsible for all day-to-day operations of the Feedlot. The Livestock Overseer will be an integral part of the operation and will require someone who is process driven, can problem solve and communicate effectively across all levels. You will work both autonomously and in a team and will be required to train more inexperienced team members.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have:
- A solid understanding of animal welfare and animal husbandry
- Significant experience with sheep, ideally within a prime lamb operation
- A keen eye for detail in identifying health issues in sheep
- Ability to accurately record and manage data
- Good experience with machinery, including tractors and feed wagons
- Ability to perform farm maintenance tasks would be an advantage.
This role will be a perfect step up for someone looking to take on some responsibility and building up a case for a future career in farm management.
A competitive salary and benefits on offer, along with the location being within a 40 minute drive from Ballarat.
Please click the apply button with reference to the position number 1728. To find out more information and to have a confidential conversation about the position, call Gilles Clarisse at Meridian Agriculture on 03 5341 6100.