- Senior role with operational responsibilities
- Diverse and progressive business
- Ararat Region
Our client operates a progressive farm business utilising 3500 acres across 3 main farms at Great Western. With a diversified business plan and succession occurring in the family business, there is now an opportunity for an enthusiastic livestock professional to join the team as Livestock Overseer.
Reporting to the business owner, you will be highly involved in the day to day operations of the lamb and wool enterprises. You will enjoy having significant involvement in the annual planning program, as well as undertaking all hands on stock management. In addition you will involved with pastures through renovation programs to enhance overall production, stock performance and profitability.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- A demonstrated knowledge and passion for sheep production
- Solid experience in fencing, pastures renovations, hands on stock management and fertilizer application
- A history of working well in a team, communicating well, while also being able to work autonomously.
An excellent four bedroom home with extensive gardens is provided on farm, all within an easy drive to schools and all services. This opportunity will suit somebody looking to step up into a more senior role or proven history in a similar capacity.
Please click apply with reference to position number 1479.
For a confidential conversation, call Gilles Clarisse at Meridian Agriculture on 03 5341 6100.