- Livestock focus
- Family owned
- Meredith and Morrisons region
Our client’s business runs a significant 1000ha livestock business over 2 properties in Meredith and Morrisons. Due to demands within the business we now invite applications for a Farm Overseer to join the family property.
Reporting to the Owners and working alongside the Farm Manager, you will be involved with all aspects of the farming operations including feeding, stock work, general farm labour and maintenance. Participation in forward planning for the business and assigning priorities will also be an important part of the role. Accordingly, this position will be a great opportunity for someone looking to develop their skills and advance their career towards farm management.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate the following:
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Solid experience and physical capability to be able to provide valuable input into all aspects of sheep work
- Well-developed people skills and have a good natured “can-do” attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A passion for farming and/or working outdoors
- Experience operating machinery including a mechanical aptitude towards maintenance and troubleshooting of this will also be valuable
The position offers flexibility in working arrangements that should suit the needs of most applicants. There is no accommodation available on farm however the property is ideally located within a short commute from Ballarat or Geelong.
To register your interest please click the apply button or email email@example.com with reference to position number 1546. For more information and confidential conversation, call Gilles Clarisse at Meridian Agriculture on 03 5341 6100.