- Sheep and Potato seed production
- Rare senior management opportunity
- Kangaroo Island
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated and honest management professional who can operate independently and lead a team.
Our client operates a mixed farming business situated on Kangaroo Island, and invites applications from suitable persons for the role of Farm Manager on this 2000 acre Sheep and Potato cropping business.
Reporting directly to the owner, you will be managing this dynamic and unique livestock and irrigation enterprise. You will also be responsible for managing all day to day operations, guiding staff performance, ensuring that livestock are hitting targets and carrying out all animal husbandry to above industry standards.
Your leadership and communication skills will be utilised as your calm personality creates a safe, happy, inclusive and enjoyable working environment. You will also enjoy the chance to share your industry experience through instructing and mentoring less experienced staff.
To be successful in this role you will to have:
- Experience working in a similar role managing a farm business and leading people in a team based environment
- Experience and ability to think strategically, plan appropriately and be accountable to the businesses owners for the business performance
- Excellent experience working with both Sheep and Vegetable Cropping production
- The ability to build relationships at all different levels within the business including business partners such as agronomists and contractors
- Infrastructure construction and maintenance
A comfortable three bedroom home will be offered, with a competitive salary to commensurate with experience. Kangaroo Island has something for everyone a safe friendly community; sporting clubs; hospitals; schools; a thriving art community; fantastic food and wine. This is a rare opportunity in a long term position.
Please click apply with reference to position number 1704. For a confidential conversation or obtain a position description, call Gilles Clarisse at Meridian Agriculture on 03 5341 6100.