- Wando Estate, Casterton
- Large scale cattle and prime lamb focus
- Progressive senior leadership role
Wando Estate is an 8000 acre business in the Casterton region, utilising progressive livestock management systems for wool, prime lamb and beef production. A rare opportunity has now become available for an experienced and highly credentialed farm management professional to join the business in a senior capacity. The role of Farm Manager is pivotal to the drive and efficiency of all operations and the business generally, carrying a high level of responsibility and challenge.
Reporting to the principals, you will lead an established team in all day to day operations, ensuring the production system is as efficient and productive as possible. You will enjoy guiding staff performance, ensuring that livestock are performing per targets set and being hands on demonstrating all husbandry is carried out above industry standards.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have demonstrated the following:
- Experience working in a similar role managing a farm business and leading people in a team based environment
- Excellent experience working with both Sheep and Cattle production
- The ability to communicate at a high level to different stakeholders across the business including formal reporting both verbally and in writing
- An attitude and motivation to think strategically, plan appropriately and be accountable to the businesses achievements
A five bedroom homestead is offered which located only 20 minutes to the nearest town and schools. Coupled with a very competitive salary package to commensurate with the experience you bring to the business.
This is a rare career opportunity that will not that will not come around too often!
Please click the apply button with reference to position number 1613. For a confidential conversation or to obtain a position description, call Gilles Clarisse at Meridian Agriculture on 03 5341 6100.