Business planning, risk management and financial literacy workshops for farm businesses.
With the current dry conditions, it’s more important than ever to fully understand you farm business. During these two day workshops participants will learn how to analyse the financial performance of a farm business, understand and manage risk, and learn skills in planning that will provide confidence in the future.
The workshops are aimed at farmers from beef, sheep and mixed farming businesses. Participants will also have the opportunity to attend individual one on one sessions following the workshops to directly assess their own business.
There is no cost to attend the workshops, but registrations are required. Venue locations will be advised to registered participants at a later date.
The workshop program will take participants through:
- Why is farm business management important and how can this help you in dry times
- Analysing the performance of a business
- Understanding profit and loss, variable costs and gross farm income
- Return on assets and return on equity
- Whole of business performance indicators
- Drivers of profit
- Identifying, understanding and managing risk
- Planning for profit (SWOT, strategic vs tactical vs operation planning, succession planning)
- Development of a business plan
- Evidence based decision making
- Cash flow budgets
- Financing your business and relationships with lenders and other creditors.
- Leasing and sharefarming
- Action plans – developed from strategies to address SWOT analysis
- During the workshop participants will develop their skills in financial analysis by working on a case study farm.
- You will have the opportunity to work through your personal budgets, business performance and assets and liabilities in an optional individual sessions following the workshops.
- There is no requirement for you to bring your own businesses financial records to the workshops.
- There is no pre course work to complete as a part of the workshop, we expect you to participate while you are there!
- You can bring a laptop/tablet/device if you wish but it isn’t required.
- Morning tea and lunch will be provided with tea and coffee available throughout the workshop.
- You will provided with a hard copy of a manual and a USB with the templates included for you to work on your own business after the session.
For more information contact Paul Blackshaw on 0427 546 643 or email email@example.com
To register for the workshops please contact Meridian Agriculture on 03 5341 6100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A copy of the Workshop Flyer can be downloaded here – Farm Business Financial Management for Dry Seasons Workshop – Flyer
The financial literacy workshops are supported by the Victorian Government through its almost $45 million drought preparedness and support package which is delivering targeted support to farm businesses and rural communities affected by drought and dry seasonal conditions.