- Role with high responsibility
- Merino Stud, Cattle and dryland Cropping
- Upper South East, S.A
On behalf of our client who runs a sizable mixed farming enterprise in the upper south east of South Australia, we invite applications for the role of Cropping Overseer. This is the opportunity to play a vital role in the implementation of the cropping and pasture renovation programs, whilst also be responsible for maintenance and repairs of all farm machinery and infrastructure, including fencing and stock water supplies.
Reporting to the Owner and Livestock Manager, you will relish the opportunity to both manage the operational aspects and the planning associated with the3300 ha cropping/ pasture program. Working in a team environment, you will also assist with some stock work during peak times.
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar role
- An ability to accurately record and manage data
- Experience implementing or working within a business with WHS guidelines
- A good understanding of agronomic principles for pastures and dry land crops and the link to livestock production
- A current Chemcert Certificate or will be willing to attain one
- A mechanical aptitude
- Some experience working with livestock
This position will suit someone who may already be in a similar role looking for a change, or can demonstrates that this is the next logical step in progressing your career.
A comfortable three bedroom home will be made available to the successful applicant, which is in reasonable driving distance to schools and amenities. A competitive salary package commensurate with the experience and value you bring to the business.
Please click apply with reference to position number 1824.
For a confidential conversation, call Gilles Clarisse at Meridian Agriculture on 03 5341 6100. For more information on Meridian Agriculture please visit: http://www.meridian-ag.com.au/