- Management and Oversight of three Victorian livestock properties
- Senior leadership role
- Broadford/Kilmore region
Our client operates six properties across Victoria and NSW covering more than 21,000 acres, utilising progressive livestock management systems for wool and prime lamb production. An opportunity has now become available for an experienced and highly credentialed farm management professional, to join the business and manage our Victorian properties (9,100 acres) all in close proximity. The role of Victorian Farm Manager will be based in Broadford/Kilmore driving the success and efficiency of all operations and the business generally, carrying a high level of responsibility and challenge in developing the properties to their full potential.
Reporting to the rural group strategic manager, you will lead an established team in all day to day operations, ensuring the production system is as efficient and productive as possible. You will enjoy guiding staff performance, managing budgets and ensure all areas are performing.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have demonstrated the following:
- An attitude and motivation to think strategically, plan appropriately and be accountable to the business objectives
- The ability to communicate at a high level to different stakeholders across the business including formal reporting both verbally and in writing
- Experience working in a similar role managing a farm business with more than one property and leading people in a team based environment
- Excellent experience working with Sheep and Cattle production, pasture management and renovations
- Providing leadership guidance, support and mentoring to all staff
A four bedroom brick home is offered on a beautiful picturesque property with long standing heritage and quality infrastructure and located only 10 minutes to the nearest town and schools in Broadford. This along with the convenience of having the airport only 45 minutes and Melbourne city one hour away make the location optimal coupled with a very competitive salary package commensurate with the experience you bring to the business.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge in an attractive location.
Please click the apply button with reference to position number 1624. For a confidential conversation or to obtain a position description, call Gilles Clarisse at Meridian Agriculture on 03 5341 6100.